- What is HAN’s mission?
- What is the relationship between NHPCO and the Hospice Action Network?
- Does the Hospice Action Network represent palliative care and end of life advocacy issues?
- What are the current legislative goals of the Hospice Action Network?
What is HAN’s mission?
Our mission is to advocate, with one voice, for policies that ensure the best care for patients and families facing the end of life.
We fight to ensure compassionate, high-quality care for all Americans facing a life-limiting illness by:
- Expanding an ongoing and influential presence on Capitol Hill,
- Mobilizing a growing network of Hospice Advocates throughout the nation,
- Empowering, through new and innovative techniques, an interactive community connecting the public with Hospice Advocacy, and
- Cultivating relationships with the media to highlight issues impacting end-of-life care.
What is the relationship between NHPCO and the Hospice Action Network?
NHPCO and the Hospice Action Network work closely together to make an impact. NHPCO sets the public policy agenda. The Hospice Action Network implements the agenda through direct lobbying, grassroots advocacy and by working with Hospice Advocates to expand the message through education and sharing the hospice story with Congress.
Does the Hospice Action Network represent palliative care and end of life advocacy issues?
Absolutely. HAN’s mission extends to all of the services and issue areas impacting patients at the end of life. Palliative care and end of life services are a cornerstone of our expansive advocacy efforts.
What are the current legislative goals of the Hospice Action Network?
- Ensuring that we reach all eligible patients in need of our care, regardless of setting, for as long as they need our services
- Protecting the integrity and structure of the Medicare hospice benefit.
- Assuring quality is not compromised, and that our founding philosophy is an ongoing focus.
- Protecting the focus on patient and family-centered care.
- Exploring new – and necessary – models of care that will expand access and heighten quality to growing and changing populations.