You may have heard that there is A LOT going on in Washington, DC right now, so we need our Advocates to do two important things:
Please complete our Action Alerts on the following hospice and palliative care legislation:
- The Rural Access to Hospice Act
- The Palliative Care and Hospice Education and Training Act
- The Medicare Patient Access to Hospice Act
- And please share these links with your networks to help spread the word!
Please reach out and invite your Members of Congress to visit your program.
- Congress has TWO upcoming district work periods (May 27-June 2, and July 3-7). This is the perfect time to invite your Members of Congress to visit your program, meet with your staff, and discuss the above-mentioned legislation.
- If you are a We Honor Veterans partner, please invite your Members of Congress to attend your upcoming Memorial Day and July 4th Honor Ceremonies.
- Check out our resources to help you host a Member of Congress:
You can find more resources in the Advocacy Toolkit on our website.
It is especially important that Congress hear from you, their constituents! We need you to show them what hospice and palliative care really looks like in their district, and be strong, effective advocates for the patients and families you serve. Please reach out to us if you need any help with finding the right Member of Congress, contacting their office, and/or organizing an event. And, if you do meet with Members of Congress, make sure to tell us about it!
Keep up the great work, and please let us know how we can help you!