HAN’s grassroots tools offer both individuals and programs a unique opportunity to learn how to engage in advocacy on behalf of hospice. From tip sheets to letter templates to webinars, you’ll find many tools and resources to get you started.
Report Back Forms: Did you have a meeting with a Member of Congress? Whether a formal discussion or a chat in the grocery check-out line, tell us about it here!
Webinars: HAN offers several FREE prerecorded webinars on a variety of grassroots advocacy topics and strategies. Click here to see our offerings.
Sample Documents for DC and Local Meeting Requests:
- Request an in-district Meeting
- Thank You Form For in-district Meeting
- Request a Meeting in Washington D.C.
- Thank you for Meeting with us at Your Washington D.C. Office
Sample Documents for Invitations to Visit a Program:
- Inviting a Representative to Visit Program (MS Word)
- Follow up on Invitation Request (MS Word)
- Thank You for Accepting our Program Tour Invitation (MS Word)
- Template for creating program-specific fact sheet to share information with your Members of Congress (template developed by Fairview Homecare & Hospice, MN)
Hospice Advocacy Tip Sheets:
- 5 Steps to Be Effective in the Political Process
- 5 Steps to Effective Meetings with Members of Congress
- 5 Steps to a Great Facility Tour
- How a Bill Becomes a Law
- Tip Sheet for Press Releases
- Tip Sheet for Letters to the Editor
Additional Sample Documents: