Thanks for watching our webinar about how to involve your Members of Congress in a successful Veterans Day event! We’ve compiled some resources for you to help ensure a successful event.
- Recording of the 9/18/13 Webinar Presentation
- Slides from presentation (PDF)
- For resources about ceremony logistics, visit www.WeHonorVeterans.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find out which Congressional districts your hospice serves
- Template for inviting your Member of Congress to the event (MS Word) (PDF). Note- the invite itself should be on your hospice’s letterhead, addressed to the Member of Congress. You should make a .pdf of your invitation and email this to the Member of Congress’ Veterans Issues staff member, Health Issues staff member, scheduler and district director. HAN can provide you with these email addresses in many cases if you don’t have them. Email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
- Hospice-specific fact sheet template (developed by Fairview Homecare and Hospice, MN) (MS Word) (PDF)
- Background sheet on the Medicare Hospice Benefit for education of Member of Congress
- Thank-you letter template for following up after the event (MS Word) (PDF). Note- this should follow the format of the initial invite- create a PDF of your letter, and email it to your primary contact in the Member of Congress’ office. Also attach digital copies of the leave-behinds you gave the Member of Congress and their staff while they were at the event.