What is the Advocacy Intensive?
The HAN Advocacy Intensive is the premiere advocacy event for the hospice community held annually in Washington, DC. The event brings hospice caregivers and leaders from NHPCO member programs together with policymakers and Members of Congress to effect positive change for the hospice community. The event is FREE to attend (but lodging and transportation are not covered), and most meals are included. In 2015, over 275 passionate Hospice Advocates from 49 states and the District of Columbia represented the hospice and palliative care community on Capitol Hill.
When and where is it?
The 2016 Advocacy Intensive will be held on Monday and Tuesday, July 18 and 19th, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill in downtown Washington, DC. The educational portion of the conference occurs on Monday at the hotel, and Tuesday is almost fully consumed with congressional meetings on Capitol Hill.
What will I learn there?
We are still finalizing the details of the 2016 Advocacy Intensive, but we can guarantee that you will:
- Learn how to take the details of your daily experience as hospice and palliative care professionals and turn them into powerful stories that touch the hearts of listeners
- Practice tying these stories to specific policy initiatives to influence legislators to take action
- Learn how government works, and how we can make it work better for hospice and palliative care
- Hear from seasoned Capitol Hill lobbyists, staffers, and Members of Congress on how YOU can make a difference
- Learn strategies and tactics for year-round advocacy on the local, state, and federal level
Click here to view the agenda for the 2016 Advocacy Intensive.
How do I register?
Click the button below to join over 250 of your fellow hospice advocates for the biggest advocacy event of the year!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to get started!
Please Be Advised: This event is designed for active, front-line hospice and palliative care providers. While we appreciate the overwhelming interest in this event, we may need to place any non-caregivers on a waitlist. Anyone placed on the waitlist will be notified and will receive an email from us after the closing of Registration if we have any space available. Thank you all so much for your enthusiastic support and interest! We hope to accommodate as many of you as we can!
The 2016 Advocacy Intensive is proudly sponsored in part by: