It’s National Hospice & Palliative Care Month!
I hope you have recovered from any Halloween frights! Now, as we enter National Hospice and Palliative Care Month, here is the latest Hospice and Palliative Care News Update:
National Hospice and Palliative Care Month:
- NHPCO Issues Proclamation for National Hospice and Palliative Care Month
- Join us for Social Media Day, Friday November 3!
- Access resources for National Hospice and Palliative Care Month
A great way to kick off National Hospice & Palliative Care Month is to complete our Action Alerts, and share them with your friends and coworkers!
News from the Hill
- Rural Access Update! We Have New Cosponsors!
- Please help us defend the non-partisan nature of non-profits. Learn more here.
- NHPCO Releases New Facts & Figures: Hospice Care in America Report
- How Hospices Respond to Tragedy
- Tips for Choosing a Quality Hospice
- NHPCO Responds to No One is Coming Article
- Newest Moments of Life Video shows benefits of music therapy
- Latest NHPCO Podcast: Building a Compliance Dashboard
Whats On the Horizon
- Veterans Day is November 11. Learn about the We Honor Veterans program, and invite your Members of Congress to attend your WHV Ceremonies! Need help? Email us and we can assist with making the invitation!
Additionally, please help us welcome Sydney Shepherd, our new Advocacy & Policy Coordinator, to the HAN Team!
Finally, a BIG THANK YOU to the many advocates who have reached out and contacted their Members of Congress this month! Whether it was an invitation to a We Honor Veterans Ceremony, requesting their support for a bill, or attempting to schedule an in-district meeting, we know so many of you are working hard to advocate for your patients and families! I know it can be very frustrating, and congressional schedules are notoriously hard to navigate, but I am so proud that so many of you stepped up this month! Fingers crossed that we see some great results!
As always, please stay in touch, and let us know if we can be helpful!